2022 Upgraded 22,000 watt Moonshine Still Controller & Electric Heating Elements
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: You've seen the rest now check out the best. This is our "Next Generation 4" quad digital moonshine still controller package v16.4 and we built it from the ground up with the serious distillery, micro-distillery, home distiller and brewer in mind. This package was designed, machined, and assembled right here in the USA by us, Hi Proof Products and we are the only company authorized to sell it. This commercial-grade controller is built to be used with four of our included ULWD 5500 watt ripple heater packages. All of our heaters use a third wire ground for your safety in mind.watts.
OPERATION: Each of the on/off switches individually controls the 4 heating elements. all 4 of the elements are digitally controlled and infinitely variable from zero to one-hundred percent power at the push of a button.
Turning any of the 4 switches to the on position also powers up the ultra-quiet internally mounted cooling fan. No heat-sinks here to burn you and no need to worry about overheating your controller regardless of the weather.
The four illuminated digital readouts let's you see the percentage of power being sent to each of the four heating elements at a glance. Your settings are important, write them down and they will always be easy to duplicate on all subsequent moonshine still runs.
Our 22,000 watt controller is very affordable considering we have seen others selling comparable units for $5900.00 or more and unlike our competition ALL FOUR of our elements are variable.
- All internal circuitry is professionally built.
- System has a super-quiet internal cooling fan to keep it running cool at all times.
- Made to be easily hardwired to your existing electric panel via the attached 1-1/4" conduit connector
- (4) Four commercial-grade 30 amp 2-pole on/off switches
- (4) Four commercial-grade LED indicator lights to let you know which heaters are currently energized.
- (4) Four illuminated digital readouts lets you know at a glance the percentage of power that is being sent to the heaters. No fragile old-school analog stuff here guys! We also don't use open pots which are a known problem.
- (4) Four built-in commercial-grade female twist lock connectors attached to the controller which makes it very easy to disconnect the 4 heating packages from the controller.
- Commercial-grade components used throughout.
- Zero to 100% precise variable power control
- Electronics for each of the four heaters is equipped to handle 80-amps and considering each will draw only 25-amps at peak it has power to spare and will last many more years
- Marine-grade silicone-insulated interconnecting wiring with 100 plus strand count
- Crimp connectors are also soldered as well as crimped before heat-shrink is applied
- Four 5500 watt ULWD heater packages each mounted with 1-1/2" or 2" tri-clamp ferrule, 10 feet of wire on each, 30-amp twist-lock plugs, and strain reliefs. All of our heaters use a third wire ground for your safety in mind.watts.
- Furnished with easy to understand operating instructions.
- This system can heat up a 100 gallon kettle in 60 minutes to operating temperature if agitatation is used. Without agitator it will heat up in 100 minutes.
- The enclosures for the heating elements mount to your boiler/kettle via a 1-1/2" or 2" Tri-Clamp. Your boiler/kettle must be equipped with four 1-1/2" or 2" Tri-Clamp ferrules to use our included heaters. Keep in mind that this quad controller may also be used to control two boilers each having two heating elements.
- Will not cause premature thermal shock to your heaters. (see notes below)
- Furnished with easy-to-understand instructions.
- Controller comes with at 12-month warranty.
What's in the box:
- 22,000 watt Quad controller
- Four ULWD 5500 watt ripple heating elements
- Four 10 foot cords (used between controller and heating elements)
- Removable mounting feet
- Easy to understand instructions written in English
- 12-month warranty, free upgrade to 2-years, paperwork included
What the other guys aren't telling you: There are more than a few companies out there still offering controllers that use old-school technology. These controllers rapidly switch power on and off in an attempt to maintain power levels to the heater. A heating element in most cases is made of wire. If you use a mechanical relay to turn on your heater it will cycle on and off within 30 seconds or longer. The heater will expand and contract, getting more and more brittle each time. This is called thermal shock. Temperature overshoots may also occur. Relays are also known to arc and will burn out on a regular basis. Mercury displacement relays can cycle from 3-15 seconds. While it controls better than a mechanical contactor, overshoot and thermal shock will still occur. If cycled too fast mercury relays can overheat and even explode causing expensive Haz-Mat problems.
Our Digital Controllers: Today Hi Proof Products is proud to use and offer the very latest technologies available and we incorporate them into the construction of our fully digital controllers. Solid-state digital electronics, LED read-outs, push-button controls, fan-cooled heat-sinks, and commercial-quality components keep our controllers precise, stable, and dependable in all ambient temperatures and conditions. Our controllers are also easy on your heaters as they eliminate thermal shock so your heaters perform time after time again and that's a plus, plus for you. That precision is most important when it comes to crafting fine alcohol. Our controllers might cost a little more since solid state electronic components cost us more but you won't find a more precise controller offered elsewhere.Considering that this digital controller is the last you will ever need and factoring in the years and years of service life and I think you'll agree with the others that have purchased controllers from us as a long-term investment. Spend your hard earned dollars in a wisely and choose digital, you won't be sorry that you did.
All of our controllers are built one at a time in our shop as needed and as such please allow time for construction and testing. You will be very pleased with the controller package, we guarantee it.
As a side note no one does more testing and research on their controllers, and we are constantly striving for improvement. We have built and sent out many countless controllers and folks love them. They are a proven design and they work flawlessly. We have built controllers for distilleries as well as home distillers & brewers and the guys and gals that have purchased them give them two thumbs up. We are sure you will too.