2022 Upgraded 11,000 watt Moonshine Still Controller & Electric Heating Elements
Commercial Grade 11,000 Watt Moonshine Still Controller If you're looking for a commercial-quality, dependable, precise 11,000 watt moonshine still controller then this one's especially for you. This is a professionally built 220v controller with digital readout. The unit features a easy to read, rugged illuminated digital readout to let you know at a glance the actual power sent to the heating element. Extremely reliable, easily repeatable results on all subsequent runs.
The controller comes without a plug so that it can be adapted to the style of breaker panel or receptacle you have installed or going to install, the wires are labeled for proper installation and a easy-to-understand instruction manual is included. The controller comes pre-wired with two commercial-grade 30-amp Twist-Lock connectors that makes it a snap connecting or disconnecting the heaters. This controller is ready to go to work heating your moonshine still. This controller has been tested to bring a keg or equal sized boiler to operating temp quickly while still giving you precise digital heating control. Includes two ULWD (ultra low watt density) 5500 Watt Electric Heating Elements, both are attached to a easy to mount 2" ferrule. This package works on 208 to 240 volt 50 to 60 cycle single phase AC power. Controller is suitable for use on a 60-amp circuit.
The controller has been tested using the two included 5500 watt heaters to bring any keg or equal sized boiler to operating temperature quickly while giving you precise digital heating control. Just to give you some idea this system can easily heat up a 50 gallon kettle/boiler in 105 minutes to operating temperature, and if agitation is used it will heat up in roughly 50 minutes.
- Does not cause "thermal shock" to the heaters as most other controllers do.
- Solid State Electronics (No old-school relays or contacts to ever wear out)
- 0 to 100% digital read-out (We don't use the old-school analog meters as they are fragile and are easily damaged when bumped)
- Two 30-amp commercial-grade double pole ON/OFF switches
- Two 30-amp commercial-grade female Twist Lock connectors built-into the controller
- Commercial-grade ABS enclosure.
- Fully-adjustable control. At the push of a button you can adjust the power output easily seen on the LED digital read-out. Very easy to replicate on all future runs!
- We don't use potentiometers in our controllers as they are a constant weak spot that always seem to fail when you need to use the controller the most.
- Built-in ball bearing over-sized heat-sink with stealthy cooling fan to keep things running cool in all ambient temperatures.
- Included are (2) third-wire grounded 5500 watt Ultra Low Watt Density Ripple heaters. Quick and easy to connect/disconnect saving you valuable time.
- Two lengths of heavy duty rubber coated flexible wire between controller and each of the two heaters. Each is 10 feet long. Each has a male/female twist lock connector.
- Professionally built 220v 60-amp single phase rated controller
- Low current draw. Each of the two banks drawing only 25-amps each @ 5500 watts 220 VAC (running at 100% power).
- Very simple operation.
- 12-month guarantee on controller, free upgrade to 24-months. (*paperwork is included with controller)
What's in the box:
- 11,000 watt Double controller
- Two ULWD 5500 watt ripple heating elements
- Two 10 foot cords (used between controller and heating elements)
- Removable mounting feet
- Easy to understand instructions written in English
We Aim To Please You will be very pleased with this controller package, we guarantee your satisfaction! And as a side note no one does more testing and research on their controllers, and we are constantly striving for improvement. We have built and sent out thousands of controllers worldwide and folks love them. They are a proven design and they work flawlessly. We have built controllers for distilleries as well as home brewers and the guys and gals that have purchased them give them two thumbs up. We are sure you will too.
What the other guys aren't telling you: There are more than a few companies out there still offering controllers that use old-school technology. These controllers rapidly switch power on and off in an attempt to maintain power levels to the heater. Some use SSRs (solid state relays) and some use PID (proportional integral derivative) controllers. A heating element in most cases is made of wire. If you use a mechanical relay, SSR, or PID to control your heater it will cycle on and off rapidly. The heater will expand and contract, getting more and more brittle each time, this is called thermal shock. Heaters undergoing this thermal shock are certainty headed for premature failure. Temperature overshoots may also occur.
Our digital controllers: Today Hi Proof Products is proud to use and offer the very latest technologies available and we incorporate them into the construction of our fully digital controllers. Solid-state digital electronics, LED read-outs, push-button controls, fan-cooled heat-sinks, and commercial-quality components keep our controllers precise, stable, and dependable in all ambient temperatures and conditions. Our controllers are also easy on your heater as they eliminate thermal shock associated with other styles of controllers so your heater performs time after time and that's a plus, plus for you. That precision is most important when it comes to crafting fine alcohol. Slow and steady makes much better tasting alcohol. Our controllers might cost a little more since solid state electronic components cost us more but you won't find a more precise controller offered elsewhere. Considering that this digital controller is most likely the last you will ever need and factoring in the years and years of use and I think you'll agree with the others that have purchased controllers from us as a wise long-term investment. Spend your hard earned dollars smarter and choose digital, you won't be sorry that you did.
BTW: We build every controller by hand here in our shop located in Ohio. The controller has been tested and is ready for immediate shipping. For your information Hi Proof Products also manufacturers moonshine still controller packages in quads, triples, doubles, and of course singles.