"Game Changer" 4-Plate All Copper Moonshine Still - Makes It All - Made In The USA - Currently On Sale
To help you get familiar with the latest addition to our Hi Proof Products family here’s the rundown on why this 4-plate copper bad boy is worth every penny and why we call it the "Game Changer"
1. Best Taste & Unequivocal versatility lets you distill nearly anything you want
• The old boys (moonshiners) used copper exclusively to make their stills and distill their whiskey because they wanted the best tasting alcohol and didn't want to settle for anything less. With our Game Changer you can change the number of copper plate sections to optimize your flute for whatever you’re distilling in your moonshine still. If you want to do a pot distillation to make flavorful whiskey, you can use 1 or 2 sections, if you want to do a high purity distillation then you might do 4. If you want to do more, you can just add additional sections and do more! One-piece columns that you see offered elsewhere severely limit your distillation needs and that's exactly why Hi Proof Products uses the modular system.
• “Hey Hi Proof what about gin?” you ask. Well, with the "Game Changer" it's no longer necessary to buy a dedicated still just to make gin! We now offer a copper gin basket that mounts at the top of the column, so you’ll just add it in to your column. There's absolutely no need to buy an entire gin series moonshine still if you want to make gin, just buy 1 extra piece for the flute it's just that simple guys. And because the gin basket is located at the top of the column you can fill or empty it without needing to take the column apart to do so and it will save you lots of time. Just remove the top Tri-Clamp and stainless steel ca[ plate, fill or empty the gin basket, then replace the stainless cap plate and Tri-Clamp and get back to brewing fast. That’s the beauty of our flute column being a modular unit. You can add and take away pieces to suit your needs for each individual run. Nothing else even comes close in versatility.
2. Superior Design Means Added Convenience
• Hi Proof Products copper distillation flute columns were designed to not only look beautiful but also for ease of use. We wanted our flute columns to be painless to maintain and operate.
• Painless Maintenance: The whole column comes apart for easy cleaning. Each plate is located in its own body section so when you take the clamps off, your flute column breaks down into several sections that each contain a clamp, gasket, copper plate, and viewing window. Plus, because the column is 3” in diameter, you can easily clean inside each section for deep cleaning instead of trying to maneuver a bottle brush up a 1-piece column that’s longer than your arm. Throw the copper plates in a bucket of the copper cleaner that we offer overnight and the next morning give them a rinse with water and they'll look as good as new, without any hard work on your part.
• Compact Storage: Once broken down the largest piece of the copper "Game Changer" column is the secondary condenser. Everything easily packs into a large Tupperware container that can be packed away for storage or transportation to your next distilling spot. Try that with a one piece column and you better have one BIG Tupperware container!
• Structured Column Packing: Instead of packing your column with copper mesh or raschig rings, you have the copper perforated plates which are easy to clean and can last a lifetime. And because the column, body sections, plates, dephlegmator, return bend, secondary condenser, and parrot are all copper you get super reactivity with the alcohol which eliminates these nasty tasting sulphur tastes in your shine. The design and mounting method for the copper plates also eliminates channeling which is common with one-piece columns. Channeling happens when the vapor goes down the side of the column quickly, partially bypassing the plates, instead of slowly filtering through the perforated plates and downcomers as it should. These copper plates actually extend past the inside diameter of the column, so there is no going around the copper plate, the vapor and reflux liquid must all pass through, and that's a plus, plus.
• Logical Accessory Placement: Our flute column for distilling comes with a built-in parrot. You can easily float a proofing hydrometer and immediately know the alcohol percentage that is coming from the still in real-time. Our parrot also incorporates a built-in ball valve that makes draining a snap: Because there’s a valve at the bottom of the parrot, you can drain off those nasty heads or tails & close the valve, you can let the good alcohol start going through the parrot and you’re onto your run. No need to remove the parrot to dump out the heads or tails and no waiting until the parrot is full with this baby!
• We also put the thermometer at the top of the column where it’s catching the vapor that will be collected to ensure accurate thermometer readings. There are other flutes out there that have the thermometer below the dephlegmator. That’s not the greatest place for the thermometer because it would give you a reading of the vapor before it enters the dephlegmator, not the vapor that is actually being condensed and collected so you might not get a proper reading. With our thermometer at the top you know you’re really reading the vapor temperature of the product that you will collect.
3. Quicker Runs:
• Let’s talk about the power of the "Game Changer" for a second. This baby is all about speed and this thing can handle a ton of vapor. Used correctly and in equilibrium you could do a 15-gallon run in about 4 hours or so. We don’t recommend using the "Game Changer" column with any kettles that hold less than 15 gallons just because of how fast it’s going to pump out the alcohol. The column is so powerful that if you tried with an 8-gallon kettle, it would probably take you longer just to heat it up than to actually run it!
4. Your Safety Is Our Number One Priority And We Take That Seriously
• When it comes to safety one can never be to careful: A moonshine still should never build pressure within the column and in the event that something got plugged or badly restricted bad things might happen very quickly.
• So for your safety and peace of mind we install a safety pop-off valve in every "Game Changer" column. If pressure did ever build within the column for some unknown reason the device would quickly open to vent pressure alerting you to a unforeseen problem before it got out of hand. Get a "Game Changer" column and be safe!
5. Bubbles, Lots And Lots Of Bubbles
• The fact that the "Game Changer" has big viewing windows allows you to easily see the bubble stuff going on which is just plain cool and I'm sure you'll agree if you get one for yourself.
What makes our "Game Changer" high-output copper column stand out from the rest?
- Check out the cleanliness of the joints. See for yourself we take pride in what we do.
- Check out the individual copper sections. We build these T-sections by hand one at a time. Look at the inside and see how nice they look. Have you seen the inside of other columns being offered, do they pay attention to interior detail like we do?
- Modular design. Why would you want to buy any column that is one piece and doesn't allow the flexibility to add or remove sections easily? The one piece column doesn't offer any flexibility.
- The large sight glass assemblies that we use are professionally made of stainless steel for durability. Each weighs over a pound in itself! Each uses a thick borosilicate glass lens that is over 3/8 of an inch. Each borosilicate lens is double gasketed so there will never be any leaks. The majority of others use smallermake shift sight glass assemblies.
- Built-in parrot drain. If you're making your cuts and ready to switch from heads to hearts, you need to drain the nasty stuff from the parrot before moving forward. Just open the built in drain at the bottom of the parrot for a second or two and get back to brewing without tainting the hearts.
- For your safety and peace of mind we install a safety pop-off valve in every "Game Changer" column. If pressure did build within the column for some unknown reason the device would quickly open to vent pressure alerting you to a unforeseen problem before it got out of hand. Get a "Game Changer" column and be safe!
- No complicated water valve arrangement needed for operation. Our column is simple to operate and comes with simple to follow assembly instructions. If you need to replace a water valve years down the road you won't need a torch or a need to call a plumber either.
- As of April 2018 all ferrules used in the construction of the Game Changer will be solid copper.
- We apply a crystal-clear coating of polymer to the exterior of the entire copper column, primary condenser, return bend, secondary condenser, and parrot to keep them all looking like new in your man cave. You can be proud of this baby, show it off and be sure to tell them where you got it! Get a column elsewhere and it may look nice for a week at best then it will look like it has been around for years.
- Our optional gin basket is located at the top of the column and can be charged or emptied without removing the basket from the column. Simply remove a single Tri-Clamp at the top of the column, pull off the stainless cap add your juniper berries or other botanicals for flavoring and replace the cap and Tri-Clamp couldn't be any easier.
- Once you've had a chance to compare the flexibility and quality of our column to others we're confident that you'll be back to make your purchase. You might find cheaper but you won't find better anywhere else.
Guys and gals don't get caught up in the hype about one-piece columns. There's absolutely no need to sacrifice and limit your boundaries, don't settle for less than you paid for. With our modular column you are capable of so much more. We recently sent one of our Game Changers to a distillery in Cincinnati, Ohio. I am told that they use 8 plates to pump out some of the best vodka known to man and they love it as do their happy customers.
If you have any questions about the "Game Changer" that I didn’t cover here just hit High Proof Products up on Twitter, call or text us at 888-602-0204 and I’ll be happy to answer them for you. We are here for you! BTW: The best way to find out about new offerings and special discounts is to join us on Twitter. We currently have well over 3 thousand followers and growing. The followers take advantage of the special savings that we offer from time to time! Happy Safe Distilling Gang!
The gin basket, boiler, hose kit, and heater shown are not included with this column but are available here at our website.
Hi Proof Products guarantees the Hand-Crafted copper "Game Changer" column for 12-months against manufacturing defects.
"There is so much that goes into crafting a spirit. The water, the grain, the yeast, and of course, the equipment. For us, at Northside Distillery, all of these elements play a very important role in the liquors we are trying to craft, and we take pride in every aspect.
When we set out to make Vodka, we knew that we wanted to do something different than what was on the market. We wanted to reach the 'non-vodka drinkers' as well as provide a different product to the everyday vodka drinkers. One of the biggest pieces to achieving this goal is our 'Game Changer' column from Hi Proof Products.
We use two separate Game Changers at our distillery to give us the unique and bold Vodka that we sell and serve to our customers. The unit was easy to assemble, easy to run, and was provided with the best customer service you could ask for. But even beyond that, the product that we run through the column gives us the exact taste profile we are looking for. In 2017, we have won a third place award in the American Craft Spirit Associate, as well as an International GOLD place award for the SIPs awards.
We are looking forward to receiving our third Game Changer column in the mail that will increase even more production for our award winning Vodka!"