11,000 watt Moonshine Still Controller Electric Heating Elements Tri Clamp Boxes
You've seen the rest now check out the best. This is our "Next Generation 2" dual digital moonshine still controller package v16.3 and we built it from the ground up with the home distiller and brewer in mind. This package was designed, machined, and assembled right here in the USA by us, Hi Proof Products and we are the only company authorized to sell it. This commercial-grade controller is built to be used with two of our included ULWD 5500 watt ripple heater packages. All of our heaters use a third wire ground for your safety in mind.
The switch on the left controls power to element number one, and powers up the first LED indicator lamp to let you know that the first element is heating. It also powers up the illuminated digital readout and the super-quiet internally mounted cooling fan. A simple push of the white buttons infinitely varies power output to the first heater package. Push and hold the left white button to decrease power levels to the heater, .push and hold the right white button to increase power levels to the heater are variable from zero to one-hundred percent
The on/off switch on the right controls element number two manually either on or off. The second switch is also coupled with a LED indicator lamp to let you know that the second heating package is heating. It's just that simple to use!
The illuminated digital readout let's you see the percentage of power being sent to the first heating element at a glance. Your settings are important, write them down and they will always be easy to duplicate on all subsequent moonshine still runs.
Most guys and gals start out a run switching both heating elements to full on for a quick heat-up of the boiler/keg. Then once the unit is up to operating temperature they shut down one of the two elements (manual switch on right) and use the variable adjustment to maintain the correct temperature via the first element.
This system can easily heat up a 50 gallon kettle/boiler in 50 minutes to operating temperature if it is agitated. and if no agitator is used it will heat up in roughly 105 minutes.
And you need not worry about being burned by hot exposed heat-sinks or the system overheating when you're running it hard as there is a super-quiet internal fan to keep the controller running cool at all times.
Our 11,000 watt controller is very affordable considering we have seen others selling comparable units for $2500.00 or more.
- All internal circuitry is professionally built.
- System has a super-quiet internal cooling fan to keep it running cool at all times.
- (2) Two commercial-grade 30 amp 2-pole on/off switches
- (2) Two commercial-grade LED indicator lights to let you know which elements are currently heating.
- Illuminated digital readout lets you know at a glance the % of power that is being sent to the heater. No old-school analog stuff here guys!
- (2) Two commercial-grade built-in female twist lock connectors attached to the controller which makes it very easy to disconnect heating elements from the controller.
- Commercial-grade digital solid state components so there are no contacts to ever wear out.
- Electronics are equipped to handle 80-amps and considering the controller will draw only 50-amps at peak it has power to spare and will last many more years
- Marine-grade silicone-insulated interconnecting wiring with 100 plus strand count
- Crimp connectors are also soldered as well as crimped before heat-shrink is applied
- Zero to 100% precise variable power control
- Two 5500 watt ULWD ripple heater packages. Each mounted with tri-clamp ferrule & 10 feet of wire on each with twist-lock plug and strain relief. All of our heaters use a third wire ground for your safety in mind.
- Will not cause prematurethermal shock to your heaters. (see notes below)
- Furnished with easy to understand operating instructions.
- Controller comes with at 12-month warranty.
The enclosures for the heating elements mount to your boiler, kettle, or keg via a 2" Tri-Clamp. Your boiler/kettle must be equipped with two 2" Tri-Clamp ferrules to use our heating element packages.
OTHER CONTROLLERS ARE NOT YOUR BEST BET:
Controllers offered elsewhere: There are more than a few companies out there still offering controllers that use old-school technology. These controllers rapidly switch power on and off in an attempt to maintain power levels to the heater. A heating element in most cases is made of wire. If you use a mechanical relay to turn on your heater it will cycle on and off within 30 seconds or longer. The heater will expand and contract, getting more and more brittle each time. This is called thermal shock. Temperature overshoots may also occur. Relays are also known to arc and will burn out on a regular basis. Mercury displacement relays can cycle from 3-15 seconds. While it controls better than a mechanical contactor, overshoot and thermal shock will still occur. If cycled too fast mercury relays can overheat and even explode causing expensive Haz-Mat problems.
Our Digital Controllers: Today Hi Proof Products is proud to use and offer the very latest technologies available and we incorporate them into the construction of our fully digital controllers. Solid-state digital electronics, LED read-outs, push-button controls, fan-cooled heat-sinks, and commercial-quality components keep our controllers precise, stable, and dependable in all ambient temperatures and conditions. Our controllers are also easy on your heaters as they eliminate thermal shock so your heaters perform time after time again and that's a plus, plus for you. That precision is most important when it comes to crafting fine alcohol. Our controllers might cost a little more since solid state electronic components cost us more but you won't find a more precise controller offered elsewhere.Considering that this digital controller is the last you will ever need and factoring in the years and years of service life and I think you'll agree with the others that have purchased controllers from us as a long-term investment. Spend your hard earned dollars in a wisely and choose digital, you won't be sorry that you did.
All of our controllers are built one at a time in our shop as needed and as such please allow time for construction and testing. You will be very pleased with the controller package, we guarantee it.
As a side note no one does more testing and research on their controllers, and we are constantly striving for improvement. We have built and sent out many countless controllers and folks love them. They are a proven design and they work flawlessly. We have built controllers for distilleries as well as home distillers & brewers and the guys and gals that have purchased them give them two thumbs up. We are sure you will too.