5,500 watt Moonshine Still Controller Electric Heating Elements Tri Clamp Box
You've seen the rest now it's time to check out the best. This is our "Next Generation Single" digital moonshine still controller package v16.3 and we built it from the ground up with the home distiller and brewer in mind. This package was designed, machined, and assembled right here in the USA by us, Hi Proof Products and we are the only company authorized to sell it. This commercial-grade controller is built to be used with our included stainless steel ULWD 5500 watt ripple heater package. All of our heaters use a third wire ground for your safety in mind.
The on/off switch controls all power to the unit so there is no need to unplug the system once you have finished with a run. We also built-in a female twist lock receptacle to make connecting or disconnecting the heater a breeze. The two buttons vary output power from zero to one-hundred percent to the heating element itself. There is a illuminated digital readout so you'll always know the power level you're pushing to the element and all your settings will be very easy to duplicate on all subsequent moonshine still runs.
This controller coupled with our included 5500 watt ULWD ripple heater is capable of heating any 20-25 gallon kettle/boiler to operating temperature in a very short amount of time, please see the chart below.
- Estimated heat up time using our 5500 watt controller/heater package
- 8 gallon in 20 minutes
- 13 gallon in 35 minutes
- 15 gallon keg in 40 minutes
- 26 gallon in 1 hour and 10 minutes
- SYSTEM HIGHLIGHTS:Commercial grade 30-amp 2-pole on/off switch
- LED red power indicator.
- Solid-state electronics, there are no contacts or SSRs to ever wear out.
- Internally fan-cooled so you never have to worry about overheating or being burnt by a exposed hot heat-sink
- Illuminated variable digital power 0 to 100 percent lets you know at a glance how much power is being sent to the element. No old school fragile analog meters or exposed open potentiometers used here!
- Commercial grade 30-amp female twist lock connector built-in to the controller makes it easy to disconnect your heating element from controller.
- Electronics are equipped to handle 80-amps and considering the controller will draw only 25-amps at peak it has power to spare subsequently it is sure to last many more years
- Marine-grade interconnecting wiring with 100-plus strand count
- Crimp connectors are also soldered as well as crimped before heat-shrink is applied
- ULWD stainless steel ripple heating element is mounted in a commercial grade enclosure with strain relief, 10 feet of flexible wire, twist-lock plug, and 2" tri-clamp ferrule mounting. All of our heaters use a third wire ground for your safety in mind.
- Easy on your heater, does not cause thermal shock. (see notes below)
- Furnished with easy to understand operating instructions, in English.
- Controller comes with a 12-month warranty.
OTHER CONTROLLERS ARE NOT YOUR BEST BET:
Controllers offered elsewhere: There are more than a few companies out there still offering controllers that use old-school technology. These controllers rapidly switch power on and off in an attempt to maintain power levels to the heater. A heating element in most cases is made of wire. If you use a mechanical relay to turn on your heater it will cycle on and off within 30 seconds or longer. The heater will expand and contract, getting more and more brittle each time. This is called thermal shock. Temperature overshoots may also occur. Relays are also known to arc and will burn out on a regular basis. Mercury displacement relays can cycle from 3-15 seconds. While it controls better than a mechanical contactor, overshoot and thermal shock will still occur. If cycled too fast mercury relays can overheat and even explode causing expensive Haz-Mat problems.
Our Digital Controllers: Today Hi Proof Products is proud to use and offer the very latest technologies available and we incorporate them into the construction of our fully digital controllers. Solid-state digital electronics, LED read-outs, push-button controls, fan-cooled heat-sinks, and commercial-quality components keep our controllers precise, stable, and dependable in all ambient temperatures and conditions. Our controllers are also easy on your heater as they eliminate thermal shock so your heater performs time after time again and that's a plus, plus for you. That precision is most important when it comes to crafting fine alcohol. Our controllers might cost a little more since solid state electronic components cost us more than the old-school analog counterparts but you won't find a more precise controller offered elsewhere. Considering that this digital controller is the last you will ever need and factoring in the years and years of service life and I think you'll agree with the others that have purchased controllers from us as a long-term investment. Spend your hard earned dollars wisely and choose digital, you won't be sorry that you did.
All of our controllers are built one at a time in our shop as needed and as such please allow time for construction and testing. You will be very pleased with the controller package, we guarantee it.
As a side note no one does more testing and research on their controllers, and we are constantly striving for improvement. We have built and sent out many countless controllers and folks love them. They are a proven design and they work flawlessly. We have built controllers for distilleries as well as home distillers & brewers and the guys and gals that have purchased them give them two thumbs up. We are sure you will too.